THIS IS THE ULTIMATE BRACE SETUP FOR YOUR STRIBOG featuring BOTH the Telescoping SHF KES with the Gear Head Works Tailhook in one amazing package.
You get BOTH parts!
The telescoping brace (SHF KES)
Steel, Nitrided: Guide rod and Button
Q.D. mount on both sides
Adds only 2.5″ in. to the rear of the receiver when closed
Newer rod to button engagement makes for easier/quicker deployment when using multiple position models
Length of pulls: 8.25″, 10.5″, 12.75″
The Gear Head Works ATF approved Tailhook
The Tailhook is a revolutionary patented pistol brace design that uses a rigid foldout support arm to counterbalance muzzle weight and effortlessly stabilize a pistol against the shooter’s forearm. The Tailhook pistol braces are truly operable with only one hand, being deployable with the touch of a button and do not require your arm to be affixed to it to function. The Tailhook is ATF approved and isn’t a gimmick. It actually works and works well.
TAILHOOK MODIFICATION 1 FEATURES
- Billet machined design maximizes strength and rigidity while still being the most compact brace in the world at less than 1″ thick.
- The small footprint and light weight allows it to be adapted to countless host pistols. You are no longer required to use a buffer tube to mount a brace.
- Weighs a scant 4.5oz and was the first pistol brace to incorporate a QD sling swivel.
The Gear Head Works ATF Approval Letter Can be downloaded here for your records.
I started our with the Safety Harbor brace adapter and the SB tactical brace. It works but does feel flimsy after a while of firing. This new SHF Brace with the Tailhook is amazing! Having talked with Walter of SHF many times over the last few years I was already impressed with other SHF products! Worth the month to make your Stribog not only turn heads at the range but an awesome firearm.
Very sturdy, extremely well fitting. This is by far the best pistol brace I have used. If you own a Stribog this is a must have.
Great product! REALLY LOVE THIS BRACE- Easy to install, very stout, well made. Besides being the best brace for a Stribog the Tailhook is very cool. When open it makes one hand shooting very comfortable. I could not be happier, if you have a Stribog, this is the brace you want.
- Solid lock-up and plenty sturdy for a 9-mm.
- The rails sit a little high the iron sights, but it's perfect for a red dot/optic. This is pretty much unavoidable because of the Stribog's shape.
- Price is a little high, but it's very well made and installs easily with no mods or smithing required.
- When the brace is collapsed, it's a little awkward gripping the pistol grip, but extending it to the first of three stops works great.
- The QD sling mount holes are a nice touch.
- The Tailhook makes single handed shooting easy.
Because of the few gripes, I put it at a 4.8, rounded up to 5. I highly recommend it for the Stribog.